Immediately upon its formation, The Cffb was determined to be a leading organization. Parameters for operating was developed and implemented with a team that sought excellence. The leadership was determined to assist those afflicted with Cystic Fibrosis with the best service possible; since there are no doctors on the island who are qualified in cardiac pulmonology.
In Barbados, hardly anyone knew what the illness comprised of, CF was unfamiliar to Barbadians. The Cffb had an uphill task. So how did we get to where we are?
- We are willing to serve.
- We think ahead, planning towards future situations.
- We take initiative, preparing to be uncomfortable to ensure the beneficiaries obtain assistance.
- We function with a character of humility.
- We're constantly developing skills with people.
- We ensure that those who depend on us are covered.
Despite being a not for profit entity, it is necessary that we are committed to a code of excellence. We believe it necessary to give of our best in all that we do, especially since people's lives and livelihood depend on it.
We are the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation of Barbados, and we are Aware to Care.